Safety Information and Code of Conduct
For anyone taking part in our events
- In the event of an emergency, participants should adhere to the instructions given by university staff, student ambassadors, or by the University Security Services.
- Participants must not bring weapons or drugs, including but not limited to alcohol, cigarettes, or e-cigarettes onto the premises.
- We are not a campus university. Some of our events take place at various sites around the city of Oxford and attendees might be expected to navigate between sites, negotiating traffic and other hazards usually present in a city. We recoginse this could be a health and safety concern and welcome parents who wish to support a student for this reason.
Code of Conduct
Everyone involved in Faculty activities and events (attendees, volunteers, staff members, organisers) is subject to the Code of Conduct.
By attending Faculty events you agree to comply with the code of conduct outlined below.
Attending a Faculty event or activity means:
- Tolerating and listening to each other’s views.
- Using welcoming and inclusive language.
- Treating everyone with respect.
- Being considerate of event attendees, event staff, organisers and volunteers.
When attending Online Events:
- It is the responsibility of parents and carers to ensure the online safety of under-18s.
- Parents and carers should be present for the length of the event.
- Zoom links are for registered attendees only. Please do not share links with others.
At both In-Person and Online Events we will NOT accept:
- Abusive, insulting or degrading, threatening, bullying, intimidating, hateful or otherwise inappropriate behaviour (including speech and/or text and/or imagery).
- Discrimination of any kind i.e. offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, and religion.
- Display of inappropriate content.
- Sexual language and imagery.
- Sustained disruption of talks or events.
- Unauthorised recording or photographing.
Participants who do not comply will be expelled from the event.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of staff immediately. Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any safeguarding concerns while you are attending an event, please refer to our safeguarding page.